Critical authorities who keep track of the market for laptop computers have their hands full picking out the best models available at any given time. Today, when different users have very different requirements for their laptops, no one machine will fit everyone’s needs. Certain manufacturers are especially good at satisfying certain requirements; this means that in any list of the the top 10 best laptops brands all across the industry will be represented.
Modern-Day Laptop Requirements
Generally speaking, there are a few rough categories that laptop performance can be effectively divided into: Affordability, Portability, Business, Gaming, and Desktop Replacement. Given the rise of touchscreens and convertible laptops, performance as a Tablet hybrid can also be assessed. Certain features are more important for certain performance categories: For example, battery life is important in general, but it’s positively vital for laptops that are going to score well for Portability.
In The Top 10 Best Laptops Brands Like These Show Up Repeatedly
* Apple: As one would expect, two different Apple laptops end up highly rated this year: the 13-inch MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina display. Apple has nailed down two opposing ends of the performance spectrum here. The insanely thin, light, and long-lasting MacBook Air is a top contender in Portability, while the powerful, robust MacBook Pro is one of the best Desktop Replacement laptops available today. The eye-popping color and precision of the Retina display really pushes the MacBook Pro’s value over the top.
* Dell: Two of Dell’s Inspiron laptops show up on this year’s lists of top computers, the Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 and the Inspiron 17 5000 (Non-touch model). The 2-in-1 is, as its name suggests, a Tablet hybrid with a very well-constructed touchscreen. It’s also extremely light and fairly cheap, earning extra marks in the categories of Portability and Affordability. The Inspiron 5000 is a beast of a computer, big in every sense. Its massive, bright display is over 17 inches across, and the powerful computer includes useful features that are growing rare in modern laptops, like a rewritable DVD drive. It’s heavy, but it scores very well as a Desktop Replacement that’s also quite strong in terms of Affordability.
Single Model Brands On The Top 10 List
* MSI: The G260 Ghost Pro 3K earns a slot on the top 10 list thanks to its surprisingly powerful Gaming performance. It’s light and scores great on Portability, too.
* Lenovo: The Yoga 3 Pro is a finely-designed Tablet hybrid that also scores big when it comes to Portability, weighing just over two and a half pounds. (Lighter than the vaunted MacBook Air!)
* Toshiba: The Tecra C50-B1503 steals away the top honors for a purpose-built Business laptop from Lenovo this year. It comes pre-loaded with a commercial version of Windows, it has a built in number pad, and it’s both durable and affordable.
* HP. This year HP proves that Portability doesn’t always cost extra. The Stream 13 is a super-light laptop with some decent processing power and an unbeatable price. Limited RAM and storage space are definite drawbacks, though.
* Asus: In the realm of Gaming laptops the ROG G751JY-DH72X stands supreme. It earns its honors through sheer brute force, packing in an Nvidia GTX 980M graphics card and 32 GB of RAM. An enormous hard drive (1.5 TB) provides space for plenty of games.
* Acer: Another high-powered Gaming laptop, the Aspire V 15 Nitro looks bland, but it’s packing a high-speed Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB SSD hard drive. The price is surprisingly affordable, too.